Project title: Protection and Promotion of Social-Economic Rights of the Most Vulnerable Persons and Communities in Georgia
Donor: BFDW- Foundation “Bread for the World”
Goal: To promote protection and strengthening of Social-Economic rights in Georgia
Implementation/work period: 01.01.2018-31.12.2020
Geographical area: Kakheti, Imereti, Kvemo Kartli, Samegrelo, Shida Kartli, Adjara, Guria, Mtskheta-Mtianeti, Tbilisi
Target Groups: Socially vulnerable citizens, Persons with disabilities, Eco migrants, Internally Displaced Persons from Occupied Territories, Residents of the villages located near the Administrative border line, Women, Employed persons and Patients affected by unqualified medical services.
Within the framework of the project, the organization will work in the target regions with the following directions:
- Promoting improvement of social-economic rights regulatory framework in Georgia;
- Protection rights of the most vulnerable persons and communities and achieving immediate, tangible results in the field of social, economic, and cultural rights, with a strong gender dimension;
- Raising awareness of the population on rights and their protection mechanisms to increase resistance of the population to human rights violations;
- Promoting income-generating activities at local level and introducing development-oriented approaches to reduce human rights violations caused by poverty.
Expected results of the works carried out within the project:
- Formation of the budget of local self-governments tailored to the rights and needs of vulnerable groups;
- Improvement of Georgian legislation in terms of improving state of social-economic rights;
- Better informed society about basic human rights and freedoms.